- HearFirst has been offering Deaf Awareness Training since 2002.
- We are a registered centre for the awarding body Signature and offer both accredited and certificated courses in deaf awareness.
- Every course will have at least one D/deaf tutor and usually two. They have a real depth of knowledge, understanding and a good sense of humour too! They can offer you a true insight and understanding into the world of deafness.
- Our training covers all aspect of deafness e.g. age related deafness, people who are born deaf and also people who have lost their hearing after learning to speak.
- We always offer an interesting blend of theory and fun interaction to ensure everyone is able to participate, enjoy and ‘do’ on all courses.
Nick - House of Commons Visitor Assistant: 'Very interactive with visuals, practicals and theories. More people should do this course.'
Nerys - Event Programme Manager, Public Information and Outreach Service, Houses of Parliament: The course was really useful, I learnt a lot and I really enjoyed it as well. Many thanks.
What can we offer you?
- Accredited qualification in deaf awareness (2 day intensive course)
- Full or half day certificated training courses plus shorter bite sized sessions.
- Deaf awareness training focused on or aimed at either children or adults.
'Glad yesterday went well but I have to say that you are one of the training providers that I never worry about, you always provide us with a quality product.' Catherine Proctor, Head of Organisational Development, Together Housing Group'
Who is it for?
- Anyone who may come into contact with someone with hearing loss e.g. front line staff, managers, senior management team and back office staff.
- Other people associated with your organisation e.g. volunteers, tenants or school children etc.
From Twitter: V.grateful to @HearFirst_ for training they provided to MPs' staff. Just communicated well with a deaf constituent in @thomasbrake's office
What do you need?
- You decide what and where your requirements are and we will suggest the content and activities to suit the participants. See our most popular course outlines below.
David Lloyd Leisure Renfrew - Half day deaf awareness training. "I feel more confident communicating with our deaf members. Very enjoyable, tutor had a great presentation style. I'd recommend this training – I have more understanding now of a deaf persons needs."
Understanding Deafness – most popular course outlines (PDF’s)
Level 1 Signature Award in Deaf Awareness and Communication
Full Day Understanding Deafness
Half Day Understanding Deafness
Full Day Understanding Sensory Issues
Half Day – Working with Deaf Colleagues
Keepmoat Homes - Half day deaf awareness for hearing colleagues of deaf staff "I didn't know what to expect but this training was excellent. I think we should roll this out to more staff so they can improve their communication with David too. "
One hour bite sized learning sessions also available
- To check availability, book training or to speak to a real person contact us
- To find out more about us delivering training at your organisation, go to In House Courses
- Go to Case Studies for information on work already undertaken and testimonials
Mersey Travel - Half day deaf awareness for hearing colleagues of deaf staff "This training will make a difference to Karen's working life as we all have a much better understanding. Now we've done this course it makes me realise that all customer facing staff should be trained in deaf awareness. The deaf awareness training was relaxed, interesting and informative."
Customers who like this also liked: