- HearFirst has been offering Visual Awareness Training since 2004.
- Most courses are delivered by visually impaired tutors (apart from Audio Description for Museums/Galleries). They have a real depth of knowledge, understanding and a good sense of humour too!
- We always offer an interesting blend of theory and fun interaction to ensure everyone is able to participate, enjoy and ‘do’ on all courses.
"This was a really interesting session. I learnt lots especially, with the tutor being blind himself." Library Assistant, University of York
What can we offer you?
- Full or half day training courses plus shorter bite sized sessions.
"It was a really worthwhile hour, I thought Graham was an excellent speaker on the subject."
Who is it for?
- Anyone who may come into contact with someone with sight loss e.g. front line staff, managers, senior management team and back office staff.
- Managers with the responsibility for access, purchasing equipment, designing or refurbishing accommodation
- Other people associated with your organisation e.g. volunteers, tenants or school children etc.
Supported Housing Officer, In Communities Bradford "I loved the practical exercises: both taking part and watching others."
What do you need?
- You decide what and where your requirements are and we will suggest the content and activities to suit the participants. See our most popular course outlines below.
"It was all so interesting. I kept thinking of things afterwards that I would like to have asked." Library staff University of York
Visual Awareness - most popular course outlines (PDF’s)
Tailored Courses for Museums, Galleries and Places of Interest
Audio Description for Museums and Galleries
Half Day ‘Sense Able Visit’ - Art Gallery and Museum Curators Sensory Awareness Training
Full Day ‘Sense Able Visit’ - Front of House Staff Sensory Awareness Training
Tailored Courses for Housing
Half Day Visual Awareness - 'hands on' 3 hour course to gain an insight into the world of blindness and partial sight
One hour bite sized learning sessions also available
- To check availability, book training or to speak to a real person contact us
- To find out more about us delivering training at your organisation, go to In House Courses
- Go to Case Studies for information on work already undertaken and testimonials
Customers who like this also liked: