- HearFirst has been offering Deafblind Awareness Training since 2002.
- We are a registered centre for the awarding body Signature and offer both accredited and certificated courses in deafblind awareness.
- Every course will have at least one D/deaf tutor and usually two. They have a real depth of knowledge, understanding and a good sense of humour too!
- Our training covers all aspect of deafblindness e.g. age related deafblindness, people who are born deaf and blind and also people who are born with one sensory loss and then lose another.
- We always offer an interesting blend of theory and fun interaction to ensure everyone is able to participate, enjoy and ‘do’ on all courses.
"This course made me more aware of dual sensory loss both at work and on a day to day basis. It was informative, interesting and fun!"
What can we offer you?
- Accredited qualification in deaf awareness (2 day intensive course)
- Full or half day certificated training courses plus shorter bite sized sessions.
- Deafblind Awareness training focused on or aimed at either children or adults.
"The course was very clear and involved everyone." (Full day certificated training)
Who is it for?
- Anyone who may come into contact with someone with some degree of hearing and sight loss e.g. front line staff, managers, senior management team and back office staff.
- Other people associated with your organisation e.g. volunteers, tenants or school children etc.
I've started to think how things could be improved for deafblind people in Cumbria as a whole" Manager at Sight Advice South Lakes
What do you need?
- You decide what and where your requirements are and we will suggest the content and activities to suit the participants. See our popular sample course outlines below.
My personal awareness has been raised. I will apply the knowledge when I next meet a client with dual sensory loss."
Understanding Deafblindness – most popular course outlines (PDF’s)
- To check availability, book training or to speak to a real person contact us
- To find out more about us delivering training at your organisation, go to In House Courses
- Go to Case Studies for information on work already undertaken and testimonials
Customers who like this also liked: