- HearFirst has been offering Mental Health Awareness Training since 2012.
- Our senior trainers have successfully completed the Royal Society for Public Health accredited instructor training programme. This means they can deliver our short certificated mental health awareness courses and also approved Mental Health First Aid England Courses.
- They have a real depth of knowledge, understanding and many years experience working in front line situations. They can offer you a true insight and understanding into the world of mental health.
- Our most popular mental health training sessions cover 2 main aspects of mental health: Awareness of conditions and then more practical aspects of how to meet needs of people with poor mental health. This helps you gain confidence and knowledge to support your customers, tenants, volunteers, colleagues and yourself:
- We always offer an interesting blend of theory and fun interaction to ensure everyone is able to participate, enjoy and 'do' on all courses.
Joanne, Senior Project Worker Teenage Family Move-On at M3Project: 'A lot of the information we covered was thought provoking. My general opinion of young people and mental health issues has altered. The training assisted with breaking down barriers to more effective working with young people who have mental health issues. I think most people would benefit from this training.'
What can we offer you?
- Half or full day certificated Mental Health Awareness Sessions – scroll down for course outlines.
- Mental Health First Aid (Adult, Youth and Lite) courses
- Post course support.
- Intranet resources e.g. information, quizzes and real life stories.
- Lively, focused content for internal newsletters.
- Present at workshops or other staff events.
Southway Housing Trust 1 day Understanding Mental Health Course "All staff should attend mental health awareness training." This course has shown me I need to listen to tenants more." "The activities were useful and made me think." "I wasn't expecting to learn as much as I did – interesting and informative."
Who is it for?
- All staff e.g. front line staff, line managers, senior management team and back office staff.
- Other people associated with your organisation e.g. volunteers or tenants etc.
- Organisations hoping to achieve the Workplace Wellbeing Charter. Mental Health First Aid Training is an example of the type of training needed to help you achieve the Workplace Wellbeing Charter.
- Schools, colleges and organisations supporting and working with young people aged 11-18 who are hoping to achieve Youth Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Mark of Excellence Award.
- Organisations responding to their legal responsibilities. Employers have duties under the "Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations," 1999, to assess the risk of stress-related ill health arising from work activities; and under the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974, to take measures to control that risk. We are able to deliver bespoke training using the Health and Safety Executive stress management tools including 'The Management Standards'. (These are not legal requirements but guidance to help employers meet legal obligations.)
Work Solutions - Half Day Understanding Mental Health Course "Tutor gave lots of relevant information and allowed us time to share our client experiences." "Great content and enjoyable session." "I'd now like to have more knowledge of local support organisations."
Mental Health Awareness most popular course outlines (PDF’s)
See our most popular course outlines below. Please note these are PDF files. In addition to these we also build bespoke training packages.
One hour bite sized learning sessions also available
- To check availability, book training or to speak to a real person contact us
- To find out more about us delivering training at your organisation, go to In House Courses
- Go to Case Studies for information on work already undertaken and testimonials