- HearFirst has been offering British Sign Language Training since 2003.
- We work with organisations to train their staff in BSL.
- Our BSL tutors are all deaf and mostly native BSL users.
- We are a registered Centre with the awarding body Signature for both Level 1 and Level 2 qualifications.
- Our training helps you understand and communicate better with your Deaf customers and clients.
- BSL sessions can also be used for:
- Training staff to communicate better with a Deaf colleague.
- Team building for your staff and managers.
Progress Housing Group: 'Excellent, exceeded expectations. Content catered to what we needed for our area of work.'
What can we offer you?
- Accredited courses
- Full or half day certificated training courses plus shorter bite sized sessions.
- Additional demonstrations of signs via our You Tube channel.
- Information and practical tips specifically for and tailored to your organisation. Contact us.
- If you are looking for a BSL interpreter. We recommend www.interpreterbsl.co.uk
@CaseyCompanies tweeted: "Just had a great day with Kate and Mickey @HearFirst_ learning some basic British Sign Language. Can't recommend it enough!"
Who is it for?
- All staff e.g. front line staff, managers, senior management team and back office staff.
- Other people associated with your organisation e.g. volunteers or tenants etc.
Fantastic and lots of things I can start using today" Simone Minien, Great Places Housing Group
What do you need?
- You decide what and where your requirements are and we will suggest the content to suit the participants. We often tailor courses and include vocabulary for your sector e.g. Housing, Museums etc. See our most popular course outlines below.
- If you are unsure how long your staff would need to get to the required level contact us.
"The most satisfying and rewarding day I have had in years – and fun! In a word – inspirational!!" Karen Burnell, PA to Deputy Principal, Central School of Speech and Drama London
British Sign Language – most popular course outlines (PDF’s)
One hour bite sized learning sessions also available
Robinwood Activity Centre "Best course I've done and I do all the CPD courses going. Excellently presented and totally relevant."
- To check availability, book training or to speak to a real person contact us
- To find out more about us delivering training at your organisation, go to In House Courses
- Go to Case Studies for information on work already undertaken and testimonials
Volunteer at Manchester Museum "I learnt a lot more than I thought I was capable of."
Customers who like this also liked:
Claire Morgan, Childrens Home Manager, Kirklees "Many thanks to you and Kate for supporting us through Level 1 BSL, we have all enjoyed the experience. Every one of us have said that we feel so much more confident in knowing that we would be able to have a fairly in depth signed conversation with a young person in our care now or in the future!"